Who is the Global Water Center?
The Global Water Center, a collaborative initiative established by Water Mission, is a platform creating a movement of millions of individuals and scaling the impact of safe water implementers, corporate partners, foundations, and other nonprofits to end water poverty. Our ultimate goal is to bring the number of people affected by water poverty from 2,200,000,000 to 0. Working at the Global Water Center is as much a calling as it is a career, and we are searching for people with the courage, passion, and drive to help us change the world. Read more about our Statement of Faith and Christian Mission.
What is the opportunity?
As part of the Global Water Center team, the Administrative Assistant is based in Charleston, SC, and supports both the Business Operations and Legal Affairs Director and the Resource Center Director. This position plays a vital role in bringing a superior level of organization, administration, and service to the ministry’s development of the Global Water Center. The Administrative Assistant performs key administrative and project management functions. The position will also support operational communication needs between Water Mission divisions and partners, and the Global Water Center staff.
The Global Water Center is centered on three strategic initiatives:
- Serve as a catalyst to develop a global consortium of organizations, individuals, and government agencies engaged in safe water projects around the world.
- Provide an inspiring interactive learning experience that will increase the number of organizations implementing safe water solutions from hundreds to thousands.
- Equip those organizations with best-in-class systems, processes, procedures, and technologies required to implement sustainable safe water projects.
A successful Administrative Assistant will:
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, donors, volunteers, and the general public.
- Provide general administrative support, including making travel arrangements, expense reporting, and organizing and filing electronic and paper documents.
- Provide contract administration and management.
- Source and procure services and goods for operations including the Mobile Discovery Center.
- Assist in organizing and preparing materials for Board of Directors meetings.
- Manage the daily calendars of the Business Operations and Legal Affairs Director and the Resource Center Director and help prepare for meetings.
- Assist with preparing meeting agendas, accurately recording meeting notes, and tracking follow-ups on action steps, as needed.
- Assist with forecasting income, expenses, and assets.
- Provide project tracking support to both Directors.
- Provide professional and quality communication with ministry partners, including email correspondence, letters, and packaging and shipping materials.
- Prepare documents, reports, and letters for both Directors.
- Coordinate with all Water Mission departments including but not limited to HR, IT, and Finance.
- Develop and review program business processes and systems.
- Assist with research and opportunity proposal creation.
- Provide project management support for Global Water Center initiatives as needed.
- Create presentations related to communicating the vision and mission of the Global Water Center.
- Assist with the planning of special events for prospects and ministry partners related to the Global Water Center; responsibilities may include arranging venues, producing event timelines, managing event budgets, and assisting with other event needs (set-up, implementation, and tear-down).
- Other duties as assigned.
What is required?
- Personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Alignment with Water Mission’s Statement of Faith and core values of Love, Excellence, and Integrity.
- Possess a calling to the mission of the Global Water Center.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 3+ years' experience in administrative support, donor relations, program management, business administration, or related fields.
- Superior level of communication with experience communicating at an executive level.
- Ability to quickly assess a work environment, learn new concepts, and independently gather key ideas and details.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with grassroots concepts to produce results.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks directed from the Business Operations and Legal Affairs Director and the Resource Center Director, efficiently fulfilling each task given in a timely manner.
- Familiarity with database utilization, data visualization, and Acrobat.
- Ability to enthusiastically take on new challenges and areas of growth when needed.
- Comprehensive computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office software like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Keen attention to detail and organizational skills required.
- Keyboarding/typing proficiency required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as a willingness to communicate via phone, video, email, or in person.
- Ability and willingness to work predominantly from the Global Water Center office with limited remote work options.
- Proficiency in contract and project management software along with the willingness and ability to learn Salesforce or other CRM databases.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Ability to thrive in a highly fluid environment and respond to changing requests.
- Ability to host all guests and high-level corporate personnel with professionalism, hospitality, and grace.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 20 days/nights per year. All travel will be domestic and consist of up to three consecutive nights at a time.