Who is Water Mission?
Water Mission is a rapidly growing Christian engineering nonprofit working to end the global water crisis by building safe water, sanitation, and hygiene solutions in developing nations and disaster areas. Guided by love, excellence, and integrity, we are driven to share clean, safe water and God’s love with all. To date, we have served more than 5 million people in 56 countries. Working at Water Mission is as much a calling as it is a career, and we are searching for people with the courage, passion, and drive to help us change the world. Read more about What We Believe, our Statement of Faith, and our Christian Mission.
What is the opportunity?
The Procurement Planner will play an integral role in developing department goals and controls in a non-profit environment. This person must be deadline-driven and motivated by the challenge of continuously improving inventory turns while utilizing just in time deliveries. The Planner will work closely with internal (domestic and international) teams as well as external vendors to assure Water Mission is receiving the correct cost and quality while maintaining the desired delivery. He/She will control inventory turns by ordering the correct quantity of product as designated by the ERP system, conduct cycle counts to maintain inventory and work with vendors to assure Water Mission receives the correct quality of product. This full-time position is based in Charleston, SC, and will report to the Procurement Manager. A successful Procurement Planner will:
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, donors, vendors, and the general public
- Create and maintain production schedules and prioritize job orders for optimization
- Follow-up as required with the warehouse team to expedite flow of materials and document to meet customer expectation
- Work with vendors to resolve any quality and/or delivery concerns and escalate any cost issues to the Procurement Manager
- Complete status reports and data analysis to review and evaluate delivery progress, work in progress, raw material inventory, and finished goods demand
- Work closely with counterparts in various country programs to support product needed from USA vendors
- Conduct inventory cycle counts weekly and notify the Procurement Manager of any discrepancies
- Run purchase order open reports weekly to support the resolution of past due deliveries
- Maintain min/max level of office materials needed to sustain an everyday working environment
- Assure that gift-in-kind is captured and reported for product that is already setup in the ERP system as approved to purchase product
- Notify the Procurement Manager of any product that is not setup to purchase
- Other duties as designated by management
What is required?
- Personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Alignment with Water Mission’s Statement of Faith and core values of Love, Excellence, and Integrity
- Associate degree required; APEX or equivalent certification is preferred
- Fluent in English required; proficient in Spanish preferred
- 4+ years of planning experience working in a production environment
- Working knowledge of an ERP system, Microsoft 365 preferred
- Knowledge of procurement techniques and best practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to clearly articulate ideas and feedback in a constructive way
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a team
- Ability to lift 50lbs and stand for long periods of time in hot and cold environments
- Ability to pass a forklift driving test