Who is Water Mission?
Water Mission is a rapidly growing Christian engineering nonprofit working to end the global water crisis by building safe water, sanitation, and hygiene solutions in developing nations and disaster areas. Guided by love, excellence, and integrity, we are driven to share clean, safe water and God’s love with all. To date, we have served nearly 7 million people in 57 countries. Working at Water Mission is as much a calling as it is a career, and we are searching for people with the courage, passion, and drive to help us change the world. Read more about What We Believe, our Statement of Faith, and our Christian Mission.
What is the opportunity?
Under the direction of the Chief Information Officer, the IT Project Manager provides development and execution leadership for the definition, coordination, and successful delivery of Information Technology related initiatives for Water Mission and Global Water Center when required. These initiatives will have varied complexities ranging from smaller-scale IT specific projects to larger-scale, enterprise-wide, multi-project programs, and will require collaborative leadership over systems engineers, contractors, vendors, online editors, and other resources throughout the ministry to ensure that all the project team members have a complete understanding of their roles and tasks, and the sponsor’s project requirements and expectations. Under the direction from Executive Sponsorship, this position is responsible to manage the overall direction of the project, timeline, and sponsor’s expectations. This role can be based remotely or in Charleston, SC. A successful IT Project Manager will:
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, donors, charitable beneficiaries, and general public
- Develops and maintains accurate project documentation such as project plans, project charters, data flow/process flow charts/relationship diagrams, communication plan matrix, risk assessments, work breakdown structures, and schedules.
- Manage and execute Information Technology projects based on best practice PMP and Agile principles to insure that:
- Business requirements and technical solutions are agreed upon and documented.
- All required project team members are identified and included.
- All tasks, resources, and schedules are in the work breakdown structures.
- All required communications are identified, planned, and scheduled.
- All training needs are identified, resourced, and scheduled.
- Strategically manage situations that may unexpectedly evolve during the project to maintain and ensure the project remains successful.
- Execute, track, and report time and progress against project schedule and project plan milestones.
- Lead the Project team, collaborate with other Project Managers impacting shared resources and schedules, and IT senior management to analyze and align project plans for realistic objectives, scope, process, and priority.
- Develop, maintain, collaborate, and manage relationships with external Project Managers to ensure overall project success.
- Help build and maintain internal as well as external customer relationships, monitor customer perceptions of the deliverables, and provide customers with education and options when challenges arise during the project.
What is required?
- Personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Alignment with Water Mission’s Statement of Faith and core values of Love, Excellence, and Integrity.
- Alignment with the principles of servant leadership as embraced by Water Mission.
- 2-4 years’ experience in project management for the IT industry.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Knowledge of basic PMI project management methodology, or equivalent preferred.
- Must be a go-getter who takes initiative and works with the appropriate level of urgency.
- Maintain a high degree of integrity in all business activities and decisions.
- Self-motivated; diplomatic; decisive; approachable; flexible; concern for long-term effectiveness.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at various stages.
- Ability to command respect and project confidence.
- Skilled communicator and negotiator; able to resolve conflicts, disagreements, and misunderstandings.
- Position requires minimal to no travel, unless determined necessary for the success of the project. Ability and willingness to travel when needed for the success of the ministry.
- May manage resources in different time zones (international). Ability and willingness to accommodate for different time zones and work outside of normal business hours as needed.