Who is Water Mission?
Water Mission is a rapidly growing Christian engineering nonprofit working to end the global water crisis by building safe water, sanitation, and hygiene solutions in developing nations and disaster areas. Guided by love, excellence, and integrity, we are driven to share clean, safe water and God’s love with all. To date, we have served nearly 7 million people in 57 countries. Working at Water Mission is as much a calling as it is a career, and we are searching for people with the courage, passion, and drive to help us change the world. Read more about What We Believe, our Statement of Faith, and our Christian Mission.
What is the opportunity?
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Executive Administrative Assistant provides executive support to two key leaders: the CEO, George Greene IV and our Co-Founder and Executive Chair, George Greene III. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the CEO and Executive Chair. The Executive Administrative Assistant also serves as a liaison to the board of directors and senior management teams; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts; and oversees special projects. This person must be creative and enjoy working within a medium-sized, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, excellence-driven and community oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Administrative Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
A successful Executive Administrative Assistant will:
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, donors, volunteers, and the general public.
- Maintain a high-level knowledge of Water Mission’s organizational objectives, programmatic strategies, projects, and activities.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO and Executive Chair including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Plan, coordinate and ensure the CEO and Executive Chair’s schedules are followed and respected. Provide "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO and Executive Chair’s time and office.
- Communicate directly, and on behalf of the CEO and Executive Chair, with Board members, ministry partners, staff, and others, on matters related to their programmatic initiatives.
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO and Executive Chair, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provide a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO and Executive Chair’s offices and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Work closely and effectively with each leader to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Act as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping them updated.
- Open, sort, analyze, and distribute incoming email and correspondence, as appropriate.
- Assist with preparing meeting agendas, accurately recording meeting notes, and tracking follow-ups on action steps, as needed.
- Update Raiser’s Edge records and transcribe notes for quality data tracking.
- Assist with research, opportunity proposal creation, and tours as needed.
- Assist with the planning of special events for prospects and ministry partners; responsibilities may include arranging venues, producing event timelines, managing event budgets, and assisting with other event needs (set-up, implementation, and tear-down).
- Assist with coordination of international vision trips, including flight arrangements, visa processing, and other logistical support.
- Maintain organized and up-to-date documentation for the CEO and Executive Chair’s documents such as files, departmental goals, job descriptions, and organizational charts.
- Provide project management for special projects, as needed.
What is required?
- Personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Alignment with Water Mission’s Statement of Faith and core values of Love, Excellence and Integrity
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Strong work tenure: 5 to 10 years of experience supporting C-Level Executives, preferably in a non-profit organization
- Experience and interest in internal and external communications, partnership development, and fundraising
- Comprehensive computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office software: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Keen attention to detail and organizational skills required
- Keyboarding/typing proficiency required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as a willingness to communicate via phone, video, email, or in person
- Proficiency managing The Raiser’s Edge or other CRM/database preferred
- Ability to thrive in a highly fluid environment and respond to changing requests
- Ability to host all guests and high-level corporate personnel with hospitality and grace
- Legal authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship