Who is Water Mission?
Water Mission is a rapidly growing Christian engineering nonprofit working to end the global water crisis by building safe water, sanitation, and hygiene solutions in developing nations and disaster areas. Guided by love, excellence, and integrity, we are driven to share clean, safe water and God’s love with all. To date, we have served nearly 7 million people in 57 countries. Working at Water Mission is as much a calling as it is a career, and we are searching for people with the courage, passion, and drive to help us change the world. Read more about What We Believe, our Statement of Faith, and our Christian Mission.
What is the opportunity?
Working under direct supervision of the Regional Program Director, the Latin America and Caribbean (LAC) Programs Specialist is responsible for program controls and reporting program and project performance against success, budgets, and other metrics. This position provides direct support to the LAC programs for the NetSuite ERP system, accounting, and reporting. This full-time position is based in Charleston, SC, with the possibility of up to 2-3 weeks of international travel per year to developing countries.
A successful LAC Program Specialist will:
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, donors, charitable beneficiaries, and general public
- Provide project tracking support for effective internal communication and reporting – examples include, but are not limited to:
- Forecast income, expenses, and assets
- Contract Administration
- Monitor and communicate funding needs, reallocating funding as needed
- Track Program performance matrix
- Provide administrative and logistical support to country programs, including assisting with inventory control and international shipments
- Provide support services for the creation of project impact reports for internal and external updates and publications
- Work closely with the Program Development team and the project managers to produce statistical and historical data used in internal and external publications
- Work and communicate in a dynamic, multicultural work environment
- Provide support to cover a variety of Programs functions to include grant writing, analyzing metrics between country programs, and reviewing system rollouts for functionality
- Gain advanced knowledge of Water Mission systems and standard operating procedures to train HQ and field staff
- Create documentation on Programs procedures
- Other duties as assigned
What is required?
- Personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Alignment with Water Mission’s Statement of Faith and core values of Love, Excellence, and Integrity
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Program Management, or related fields (although not required, a finance degree is beneficial)
- 2+ years of experience required
- Legal authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Understanding of accounting principles preferred
- Previous work experience in quality control, project management, or admin support preferred
- Ability to quickly assess a work environment, learn new concepts, and independently gather key ideas and details
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks efficiently fulfilling each task given in a timely manner
- Familiarity with database utilization, data visualization, and ERP systems
- Ability to enthusiastically take on new challenges and areas of growth when needed
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to represent Water Mission with dignity, maturity, and initiative at the highest levels
- Ability to be a team player, work closely with the Project Managers, and act as a resource to staff in HQ and around the world
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally up to three (3) weeks a year to developing countries. Most international trips require the ability to sit in a car traveling over rough terrain for long periods of time, to stand and walk for extended periods of time in hot weather, and to lift items up to 50 lbs.