*Application Deadline is May 17, 2021
Who is Water Mission?
Water Mission is a rapidly growing Christian engineering nonprofit working to end the global water crisis by building safe water, sanitation, and hygiene solutions in developing nations and disaster areas. Guided by love, excellence, and integrity, we are driven to share clean, safe water and God’s love with all. To date, we have served nearly 7 million people in 57 countries. Working at Water Mission is as much a calling as it is a career, and we are searching for people with the courage, passion, and drive to help us change the world. Read more about What We Believe, our Statement of Faith, and our Christian Mission.
What is the opportunity?
Under the guidance of the Engineer, the Water Technician directly supports Water Mission’s vision of providing safe water and an opportunity to share God’s love with all by performing technical tasks following the Kenya Country Program’s established standards and procedures. This is a full-time position that requires residency in Kitale, Kenya. The position requires frequent travel to remote locations within Kenya and occasionally outside Kenya to carry out assessments, water project construction, installation, troubleshooting, system repairs, or training. A successful Water Technician will:
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, donors, volunteers, and the general public
- Complete community assessments and provide accurate and dependable information
- Implement the technical portion of Water Mission projects, which includes civil, electrical component installations (RSI and solar), pumps and water treatment equipment in strict accordance with established Water Mission standards
- Supervise and provide direction to the contractors (masons, hydrogeologists, and drillers), casual laborer, and other hired resources to ensure Water Mission expectations are met
- Train system operators on the day to day running and operation of the systems, which includes daily monitoring of residual chlorine levels in treated water
- Other duties as assigned
What is required?
- Personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Alignment with Water Mission’s Statement of Faith and core values of Love, Excellence, and Integrity
- Diploma in Engineering with credit or distinction grade—Civil, Water, Chemical, electrical, or Mechanical required
- 2+ years of experience in water and/or wastewater engineering.
- Demonstrated experience in installation of solar pumping equipment
- Supervisory experience in the construction of water related civil structures ensuring adherence to high standards
- Excellent office computer program skills
- Must possess valid driving license
- Ability to organize personal workload and achieve results on time
- A strong work ethic
- Ability and willingness to travel