Who is the Global Water Center?
The Global Water Center, a collaborative initiative established by Water Mission, is a platform creating a movement of millions of individuals and scaling the impact of safe water implementers, corporate partners, foundations, and other nonprofits to end water poverty. Our ultimate goal is to bring the number of people affected by water poverty from 2,200,000,000 to 0. Working at the Global Water Center is as much a calling as it is a career, and we are searching for people with the courage, passion, and drive to help us change the world. Read more about our Statement of Faith and Christian Mission.
What is the opportunity?
Under the direction of the Traveling Exhibits Manager, the Lead AV/IT Technician will oversee the technical needs of the Mobile Discovery Center (MDC). This person will travel full-time with the MDC and provide on-site AV and IT management and maintenance for the exhibits and dome theatre. The Technician will assist in the set-up, operation, and tear down of the exhibits and dome in each city and will be responsible for installing, updating, and maintaining all audiovisual, software, and hardware components in the MDC. This role will also interact with temporary workers, volunteers, and outside consultants to properly administer and maintain all assets. In addition, this individual will interact with visitors and guests who are touring the MDC, be an MDC ambassador, and facilitate the sale of merchandise and memberships. This individual must ensure that the mission and vision of the Global Water Center (GWC) are shared with all participants. The Lead AV/IT Technician must have AV installation experience with a good working knowledge of computer, cabling, projectors, networks, Wi-Fi, and AV installations from first-fix through to completion.
The Technician is a member of a team that travels with the MDC throughout the US and needs to be comfortable working and potentially lodging with other team members. Since these positions require full-time travel, lodging, food, and transportation expenses will be covered by the GWC. A successful Lead AV/IT Technician will:
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, donors, volunteers, and the general public.
- Install and commission complex AV systems served by an on-site network.
- Manage site surveys and the pre-evaluation of potential exhibit locations.
- Manage all MDC flat panel displays, speakers, video conferencing, projectors, control systems, etc.
- Maintain on-site server, check logs, install hardware and software upgrades and updates either alone or in conjunction with third-party consultants.
- Oversee wiring schematics and architectural drawings and set up cabling, speaker, and projector systems based on the schematics and drawings.
- Manage and run test equipment.
- Perform cable pull paths, diagnose structural/room interior for efficient and optimum installations, and terminate audio and video cables.
- Maintain professional work appearance and outstanding customer interaction.
- Lift, transport, install, de-install, and wire speakers, projectors, displays, TVs, and other AV components of the MDC with no or minimal assistance.
- Manage product test support of new designs used for testing, write technical documentation and SOP’s along with constantly and consistently improving exhibit processes and procedures.
- Perform quality control testing, including debugging code and git defect tracking and reporting.
- Communicate procedures to stakeholders and answer questions to ease apprehension and produce comfort and cooperation.
- Design, upgrade, and maintain the pickup scheduling /tracking /processing /inventory management database.
- Other duties as assigned.
What is required?
- Personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Alignment with Water Mission’s Statement of Faith and core values of Love, Excellence, and Integrity.
- 3+ years of experience in installing AV systems or relevant college degree with part-time AV experience.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as autonomously.
- Ability to responsibly deliver jobs and represent the company to the highest of standards with great professionalism, attention to detail, and communication.
- Experience conducting data and telecom network installations and integrations along with electrical installations.
- Ability to conduct job-specific document creation and reporting.
- Proficient with the basic use of Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook.
- Experience with technical support services including fault investigation and maintenance of installed systems. Ability to conduct network testing and commissioning.
- Valid driver's license and satisfactorily clean driving record required. Must be willing to have their driving record checked periodically, as necessary.
- Ability and willingness to drive a large vehicle with a trailer or camper van attached if required.
- Willingness to operate a forklift and scissor lift (can be trained after hire). Able to lift heavy objects (up to 50 pounds), work on ladders, and work within varied conditions.
- Ability to travel domestically up to 100 percent of the time). This requires being able to sit in a car for extended periods of time, as well as a willingness to stay in hotels or campers and share a room/living situation with another traveling companion.
- Currently, the MDC will be touring domestically. International travel may be required dependent upon future touring dates and opportunities.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.